Monday 21 June 2021

Green

Wow, rain and sunshine. All a garden really needs to grow and grow. And grow it does! It's hard to keep up with. 

The rocket can be picked on a near daily basis, although some of the plants are now overshooting and starting to produce flowers. I had some of the Swiss Chard as well, although not enough for a meal. Instead I used it in my cheese sandwich. 

I made a rookie mistake of planting too close, but even so, the Snow Peas are starting to flower and hopefully will soon be forming pods. Not sure how much it will produce, but anything is better than nothing.

The strawberries are finally doing something and I had my first two red, juicy ones the other day. They were yummy and full of flavour. Better than the ones you get in the supermarket anyway! The tomatoes still have a way to go. They are still only small plants. The cabbages however are growing well.

The winner of them all however must be the courgette. The leaves are huge and the flower next to it is almost covered/smothered by it. Tip for next year: separate pots!

So far this garden has been a lot of fun for me. And tasty as well...

8 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    ...the tip for next year, I would say, is have them in the ground of the wonderful garden you now have... or the greenhouse you might want to build in there.... oh the possibilities! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden is north facing, so I would really have to pick and choose exactly those plants that can cope with those conditions. I am still not sure about what I will do with the garden. It will depend on finances of course as well...

      Delete
  2. Strawberries here were hit hard by a late frost. we may not have strawberries and cream with Wimbledon this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden pots are filling out nicely. Will you be able to move them to your new home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh snow peas I love them in stir fry
    I am an expert in strawberry (eating) and let me just say that is one fine looking strawberry
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing beats straight from the plant to the table or mouth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can measure my food in inches rather than miles!

      Delete
  6. Way to go! I'm enjoying our garden too and we just had our first zucchini. Tomatoes are coming along. Cucumbers are growing along with onions. Have some flowers on the red pepper plant. We are getting approximately 10 strawberries each day from that one plant that took over the whole planter area from last year. Enjoy....

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!