Wednesday 1 July 2020

A new year

Fata Morgana: bacon, dates, goat's cheese and honey
I had a birthday yesterday. It was a good one. It started with cake and a lovely present. It ended with a pancake at my favourite pancake restaurant. 

Which means that this is the first day of the new year for me. A year which will hopefully turn out good. I will be doing my best for that. For starters I will be back at work. After over four months sitting at home due to bankruptcy and Corona, I will be back behind the wheel of a bus. 

The bike was a present from me back in 2018
The poppy bags on the back are a present from my parents in 2020
It will take some getting used to, I can tell you. Over the past few months I barely had to deal with alarm clocks at all. So, having to get up to actually get to work again, will be something else. Having to wear a uniform again will also be strange. For starters it feels different from the one I have worn over the last 7 years. 

Of course it will also be strange at home. Over the past few months we have alternated the cooking. All of us taking our turn to prepare dinner. As my father has already gone back to work, some of his 'shifts' are already covered by my mum and me, although we will stick him with twice in a row as well. 

Other than that, I am entering my fiftieth year of living as I have just filled the 49 (as they say in Norway). Will it be different from before? Let's hope life gets a bit easier and more relaxed. 

Only 364 nights sleep til my next birthday!!

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I hope you settle back to work easily. It certainly has been strange times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The strange times do continue, but at least I will be back to work meeting people and earning money.

      Delete
  2. Happy 50th. It is a major milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Mara...that is a very fine looking bike and bag.
    Good luck with 'keeping the wheels on the bus goin' round and round. ' That is the first line of a children's song.
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    It sounds like you rounded of that 49th really well and set up the 50th even better - long may it be so!!! Huggies from the Bonny Land... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too shabby I think. And in just over a week I will be back amongst the working. Needing a holiday after only a week...

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! Your bike bags are so cute and we love your rubber ducky too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bike bags. So, your birthday and my wedding anniversary are the same day. I am definitely old enough to be your mom. But I think you won the mom lottery with the one you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a great mum. Wouldn't want to change her for anybody!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!