Tuesday 7 July 2020

In the pipeline

Perhaps a sea shell?
After weeks (months really) my diary is finally showing signs of picking up. This week, there is not 1 entry, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 entries! Five!! 

On Monday was the first one: a meeting with my new boss. I handed him the signed contract, he had a look at my face, we chatted for a few minutes and out I was again. 

Today (Tuesday), my car will get a look over. I last put fuel in back in early March. I also had an MOT then, but I hardly used it since. Just to make sure nothing is clogged up and stuff, I made an appointment. Oh, and I put some more fuel in.

On Friday it's a double whammy. Doctor time. For me in the morning and for Miss O in the afternoon. Just don't tell her that or she'll be hiding behind the curtain!

Play sweet music for the fairies
And then on Saturday it's hairdressing time. The appointment was originally made for my sister, but her flights were cancelled and she is not able to come. So, I nicked her slot and will have a cut and colour. Not sure what colour yet, but...

...as I am starting the new job next Monday, I thought a bit of a fresh head might be nice. Yes, you read right: I am starting the new job on Monday. The contract starts on Sunday (extra day's pay, thank you) and I have to report for duty on Monday morning. It's daunting and exciting at the same time.

9 comments:

  1. 5 things in the diary! I'm envious. I've not used a diary for months. Enjoy your exciting week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the first time in months I have actually written stuff in it. Very glad though. Nothing to do is definitely not all it's cracked up to be!

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Getting back in the saddle after such a break is bound to bring a little 'stiffness' with it - but you'll ease back in ere long. And it seems you have enough to keep you distracted during ths week to make it less of a drag from here to there!!! Let's the hairdo once it is done. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be a show and tell. Promise!

      Delete
  3. You sure have a full week ahead of you. Good luck as you start the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting about your job!! Be careful, wear a mask and have your sanitizer with you. Me too, I put gas in back in March also. Hope the appointments go well. We close our bedroom door and Skye knows something is up. That's because she will hide under the bed in there and we can't get her out! Sorry that your sister isn't coming for a visit. I would love to get my hair cut but not ready to risk it yet. However I do think my hairdresser would be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your life is about to shift into a higher gear for sure! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good it's moving up, but it is tiring!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!