Friday 24 July 2020

On the plus side

Yes, this work thing is quite tiring. Last week I was in bed by a ridiculous early time to recover from my first week. That is not going to happen this week: I am on lates, so not normally home until well after midnight. Mind you, that also means I can have a lie-in in the morning. Provided a certain Miss O isn't hungry (which she always is).

I am slowly getting used to the daily routine of going to work again. I am still in the learning stages though. Some of the routes are easier to learn than others. Some routes are already in my head but then I get distracted and nearly go wrong anyway. Only thanks to my mentor saying: 'we should turn right here', did I avoid going wrong last night. 

But I am getting there. Apart from one route in town that I have only done once so far, I know all the main routes now. There are still some out of town routes that need some attention, one I haven't done at all and another which is just plain difficult in my opinion. It is getting better though. 

Today however, there was another reason to be joyful: wages time! And when I checked my bank account earlier today, I was happily surprised. Very happily surprised indeed. I am not yet back to full wages obviously as I only worked two weeks, but from next month I should be earning regular and I will be back to how I was before the bankruptcy trouble and Corona trouble. Finally...

9 comments:

  1. I guess you are now getting into the next stage of your life. I hope it continues tog o well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Mara, this is a good news post, even through a little veil of tiredness!!! Earning that money again is surely a booster par excellence. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely happy to be earning again. I have savings, but I rather keep them as savings.

      Delete
  3. We're glad to hear work is going well and your bank account is filling up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're back to work again! Good luck learning those routes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mara good things do come to those who wait...I'm so thankful for some return to normal albeit slow here.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray on the bank account. I'm sure those routes will start to be familiar soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's all good news ! Like me you see the end of the tunnel !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Money!!! A good thing especially for keeping ones body and soul together!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!