Tuesday 28 July 2020

Unemployed

No no no! Don't worry! I haven't lost my job already! In fact, the job is going great and I will start on my own from this Saturday. Just such a shame that my schedule says I have this weekend off (ahem).

However, before I did start this job, I was unemployed. And got unemployment pay. For a few months anyway. I needed to provide them with details about any jobs I might have had in other countries that would be counted towards my unemployment pay. That took some time I can tell you! 

But this past week I all of a sudden was back in. With pay as well. I am now eligible for unemployment pay (complete or partial) until early February 2021 (as they still haven't counted all the years). But, as I earn more than I would get, I will cancel the UP as soon as I have received the complete pay for June and the partial pay for July. After that I should be able to get by on just wages.

It was a nice surprise this morning though when I saw my bank account. It definitely gave me a bit of an UP!   

10 comments:

  1. The title made me gasp. Glad to hear things are going well for you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. Finances are good. Work is good. Even the weather is good!

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Got me - I nearly moaned for you... but quickly so the 'dont worry'!!! Phew... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually doing fine right now. And now the finances are on the up as well, I am pretty chuffed.

      Delete
  3. It's too bad you couldn't get the unemployment pay when you were actually not employed. At least they are trying to make up for some loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY and what a great employed Smile
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gurl! Do not frighten us like that! Glad to hear you have some time to do catch up resting. Good luck this new week with all the different routes.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!