Monday 18 March 2019

Result

Remember this kitty? 
A couple of weeks ago I wanted to do more than just sit at home, knit and crochet, watch television and wait for the medical etc. So, I applied at a local animal shelter to give me something to do, even after a job would be secured. I never heard back and then I got ill and everything went out of my head to make room for the M.

My mother then asked me about it one day and I said I hadn't heard anything yet and it must be over two weeks already. My mother turned to the jeu de boules club she is a member of. One of the other members was a volunteer for the shelter and she said that they really needed volunteers and didn't understand. 

She turned into this beautiful lady
The next day I heard back: there had been some website trouble and could I please fill out the form again. This was last week and today I heard back yet again: there will be an intake next week where they will show the shelter and talk through what they do. 

My mother has given me one warning though: under no circumstances am I to take any cat, dog or other critter home, not even temporary. Otherwise I will be out on my backside...

17 comments:

  1. That's the problem ! I could never work in an animal shelter ! Even to pick up a cat for me, my men did it. I would take them all home and that's impossible. So I can understand your mother's fear !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mara that is most exciting news. Bravo to you from all of us animal lovers. Nope no bringing home extra pets until you have your own home. Your mom knows you tooooooo well
    hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be good. I just read that our local cat rescue lady is in intensive care. I hope her family and friends can take care of all of the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear you will be able to help out in the shelter. We bet Miss O wouldn't like you to bring home any new "family" members either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good thing to help out an animal shelter, even if you can't adopt any of them right now. Every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT job!!!! Although I nose its gonna be real hard not to be taking your work home wiv you, hehe
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    ... I wish there was a centre near here - what a great idea and opportunity. Be careful though. Falling in and out of love can be tiring!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see how it goes as I have never worked at a shelter before in my life! I might have to take my camera along on occasion I think...

      Delete
  8. Haha, geweldig, dat laatste zinnetje. Zal inderdaad soms lastig zijn om géén kat mee naar huis te (willen) nemen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willen nemen inderdaad. Ik wil het Oswin ook niet aandoen. En ik weet dat meerdere katten wel kunnen, maar ik zag ook hoe sommige katten het daar moeilijker mee hebben dan andere. Voor Sophie was het het best geweest als ze alleen was geweest of in ieder geval zonder Linette!

      Delete
  9. Ha, moms do not mince words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But they do have connections.

      Delete
    2. They do have connections and that connection probably alerted the shelter to the problem as well.

      Delete
  10. It doesn't matter the organization, I believe most people who volunteer want to make the world a better place.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds great. I think you will enjoy it however I do believe it will be tempting to want to keep them all!!!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!