Thursday 14 March 2019

Another day, another doctor

Today was the day that I had to have my medical. And I must admit, I had some worries. I have been suffering with my knees a bit on occasion, my back has caused severe problems at the end of last year and of course that head of mine!

On arrival, I had to pee in a cup, I was measured both length and size (still too short for my weight, even though I had grown apparently). My eyes were tested, my blood pressure was taken and some basic questions were asked. 

Then it was the turn of the doctor himself. He wanted to know a bit more about my medication, including the new one. He remarked on my weight, wanted to see my endometriosis scar, checked my ears and my knee reflexes. I had to squat and then I had to stand upright and bend over until I touched the floor. In both cases: I did it!

He asked a bit more about the new meds and then I think I was cleared. Healthy enough to do my job. He would be sending the stuff over to head office, who would then issue me with a card that I have to have on me at all times when I am out driving a bus. 

The next step will be to have a chat/interview with the people from the actual bus company and if they say okay, I can start to train as a driver for them. Hopefully not much longer!

11 comments:

  1. Baby steps for sure...the medical is over so that was kinda a toddler step. Did he think the meds for your headache were the best?
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that's over with! One less thing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I was worried: what if I did not pass??? Then I would really need to find me some new paddles!

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    Definitely getting closer. Good to get this one out of the way, for sure! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon I will have to start using the alarm clock again! That will be a shock to the system...

      Delete
  4. This is great news also! Wow, you might be working before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Step by step, inch by inch .... seems there was an old skit about that. Congrats on growing taller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was surprised by that as well. I thought I was 1.67m and the assistant had me at 1.69m! That is a lot.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. And then it is over with the lie-ins and the not-doing-muches.

      Delete
  7. I had grown too, once, lol ! Hopefully you can start to work soon ! Sitting at home is depressing !

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!