Monday 11 March 2019

A missed photo!

Belfast Zoo, 2018
I just want to apologise to my Norwegian friend for not even posting a photo of a spider. There are not that many around at the moment and I wasn't really feeling up to hunting down the few that may still live in nooks and crannies. I promise I will try to do better!

Anyway, my weekend was mainly spent on the couch doing extremely little. It turns out that the cold I have (not that severe really, although my nose may not agree), was hiding a migraine. And because it was hidden behind the cold, I didn't take the meds in time. By the time I did take them, they had such a hard job to actually work, that it took ages. 

Picking what to have
But, finally on Saturday the M started going down a bit and I was able to at least enjoy some time with just Miss O. Living with parents is all fine and dandy, but sometime you just need some time alone. 

On Sunday I felt okay and the M decided to stay away as well, which was good, because I had promised my mum I would do the laundry and I was going to bake an apple pie because a friend was coming over for the day. 

Yummie!
In the afternoon said friend and I wanted to go to a restaurant and my friend couldn't find her car anymore. That in itself was bad enough, but it was absolutely pouring down! Not the best for me. Fortunately we found the car eventually (about 15-20 minutes) and we made our way to the restaurant. 

It was a Japanese restaurant and they had all sorts of nice small bites. It was really good and next time I hope I won't have a cold so I can enjoy it even more! After dinner I drove home, making sure the car was parked about 10 meters from the front door. She stayed for a while, chatting to my parents who had come home and then left for her family again. It was a good day.

I had two of those: crème brulée!
My favourite! Albeit not very Japanesy
Today I made a start with my course. Of course I jumped ahead and had to backtrack slightly, but I am now on track again with the right bit to do. I will continue that tomorrow and learn some more!

So, that's it from me. Back to reasonable health (the cold is still here). 

10 comments:

  1. My humans love Japanese food, but just not the raw fish. Hopefully Miss Oswin got a few tidbits?

    Hope your cold goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss O did not get anything. I try not to give her any human food and she gets plenty as is...

      Delete
  2. Good to hear you are now on track with your course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am and my first work was rated with a 7.4. I am happy.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    ooohhhh... tofu teriyaki? Soba noodles? Miso soup? Oh I need to go cook my dinner, I's drooling over here!!! YAM xx (glad to hear you are on the clear...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the miso soup and decided against it! Not really my cup of tea... I don't think I even saw soba noodles on the list.

      Delete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon! That brulee looks delicious!Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That brulée was delicious, hence the second one!

      Delete
  5. Sorry about the cold a migraine but glad you are better now. Glad you got to go out with your friend and that you have started your course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw an ad on TV for a migraine medication. It is a monthly injection. And that is all I remember.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!