Wednesday 27 March 2019

Intake

Remember what I wrote last week about the animal shelter? About me having an intake and tour through said shelter on Tuesday? You don't?? Tsk tsk...

Anyway, on Tuesday I had a tour and an intake at the animal shelter. And I thought that as I didn't have a job yet, I might as well help out once a week. So, from next week Tuesday I will be cleaning cages, petting cats, feeding and on occasion perhaps take a dog for a walk. 

There won't be many photos however. The agreement that I signed stated quite specifically that I was not to share any photos of any animals on social media. I might on occasion ask (especially with a lot of kittens) whether I am allowed, but don't count on it!

I had also contacted the temping agency again. I first spoke to somebody from the agency on February 5th. I was referred, didn't hear anything, prodded them, got an interview, had to do some stuff (legal and medical) and then nothing happened. And I must admit that I felt quite down in the dumps yesterday.

I decided I needed to be a bit more pro-active. Even though I would prefer to do public transport (for the regularity mainly), that seems to be impossible in this region. Other regions are not really an option, as I won't be able to live there and traveling that far would be out of the question for me. Perhaps a coach company? And the one I know is the one I used to work for. 

Today I took a bus to the town where they now are based. I walked in the door and two minutes later the question was: do you want to work? Ehm, yes! When can you start?? In fact, he had wanted to contact me after learning I would return to the Netherlands, but thought I had found another job already! 

My official employer will still be the temping agency, but I will be working as a coach driver, doing the same thing as I did, albeit with less foreign work probably. My first day at work will be this coming Sunday. Still have to figure out how to get there though.

And guess what. My last job before I left the company was a public transport route. My first job on returning to the company will be the exact same route! Life is funny.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Congrats on the job - that is so wonderful! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Bit nervous, but should be okay.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    A corner, one senses, is about to be turned... life is a maze and we often find ourselves back where we started! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not what I had planned, but then life rarely goes according to plan!

      Delete
  3. It must be a relief to have a job despite the location problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new job. Having done it before, hopefully it will be stress free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one route up and down. Day in day out the same. Should be relatively stress free.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad to hear you can start work. It seems counter productive to not have volunteers post about the pets at the shelter unless they do a lot of their own promotion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo on your job Mara, I'm so pleased for you
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am behind on your posts. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!