Friday 8 March 2019

I missed a day!

I was all set to post something new every day. Or in the case of carnaval: hash over the same subject for three days. 😉 But alas, yesterday it seemed as if there wasn't much to write about. Well, there was, I just never got the energy to do so!

As I mentioned a while ago, I am going back to school, but last week I had a phone call: there weren't enough applicants to the course and it could not be held here in town. They would try to organise it elsewhere, but that would involve traveling and that would mean costs going up. 

In the end I decided to not do that, but I did still want to do the course. A correspondence course it will be. Not my favourite, but I will just have to do it this time. I managed with my Norwegian course back in 2012, so this should be doable as well. After all, it's only six months.

Some school mates from the 1-year course.
This was on an excursion.
I am not a natural learner you see. I graduated from high school in 1989, went on to do a 1-year course (which I only partly passed) and went to work. And I have worked ever since, only doing job related courses since then. 

This course is not job related as such. Yes, it is to do with planning of transport, but mostly on the goods side (lorries), which is different from the people side (buses and coaches). I think there may well be some cross-over, but mostly it will be different. 

The first box of material arrived this week and I hope that once I get rid of this stinking cold (with accompanying H), I will be able to get going properly. 

9 comments:

  1. What kind of course is this exactly "Planning or management ?" I think you wanted more an office job or am I wrong ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    I have been hit with that 'insufficient applicants' trouble on a course once (well, a subject within a course which was essential to obtaining the degree) so know the frustration of finding the alternative to complete. Correspondence courses are fine - if one is disciplined. I believe you will be. Do give is little glimpses as you go along! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried two earlier courses, albeit 4-year ones. Neither was finished. This one however is only 6 months, so I hope will be able to discipline myself. Not happening this weekend though: my parents are away and Mara thought to play until a massive stinking cold threw soot in the water...

      Delete
  3. Oh dear baby steps for sure. YIKES thank goodness you are a gal loaded with patience.
    I hate head colds and headaches.
    Sending hugs...I hope looking at the bucked of rust didn't hurt your eyes
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well good luck with your correspondence course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with that course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer on the cold and the H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially as I am home alone for the weekend! I thought a little party was in order, but alas, tissues and paracetamol is what's happening!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!