Monday 7 January 2019

The old news

The view from the attic room where I will be residing
For those of you who are not in my email list and are therefore wondering what on earth is happening: another move? What?? Well, yes. There is going to be another move. And pretty soon as well for that matter. 

This time the move will be back home. Back to the Netherlands. Back to Mum and Dad. Literally. Yes, I will be moving back in with my parents until I can find a place of my own. The Netherlands have their own rules about renting. Where in Norway most of it is done privately and here in Northern Ireland it's quite similar, in the Netherlands it's not like that at all and renting on a handshake (as I did here) is never going to happen. So, back to my parents it is, while my stuff will be stored somewhere. 

My room while growing up
The reasons for the move have been given by me a while ago: loneliness, homesickness, on my way to a depression and a burn-out. I won't say it will all disappear the minute I cross the English-Dutch border (somewhere in the middle of the North Sea), but I do hope that the loneliness and homesickness at least will lessen. As my sister said a while ago: when you're back in the Netherlands, don't rely on old friends and family, make new friends as well. Did I ever tell you that I have a very clever sister? Well, I have a very clever sister!

I quit my job last week and have only this and next week left to work. Then there is a week in which I will have to get everything packed that I haven't already, then my stuff will be collected and then I have to clean the place. In the mean time (from when I finish work next Friday), me and Miss O and Brom (and Mouse) will move back in with my sister for the remainder of my stay here in Northern Ireland. 

I got some herbal stuff for Miss O to help her relax a bit more for our journey home: we are driving and both for her and for us, it would be nice if she didn't have to howl the whole time. Like two days! I so hope they work. 

So, that's my (old) news. 

13 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ..."when you're back in the Netherlands, don't rely on old friends and family, make new friends as well."... You have a very wise sister. Did you know that? ;*)

    Nearly there dear. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your move Mara and enjoy being back in your homeland. I sincerely hope that 2019 is a good year for you.

      Delete
  2. Mara sending loads of hugs and prayers for an uneventful move and to you and Ms. O as you settle in with Mum and Dad.
    Cecilia and thank you for the bday wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your old friends will be there and you know that, but your sister is very wise, indeed. It will be of such great joy to make a couple of new friends as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surprises me every time ;). Maar nieuwe vrienden en kennissen is wel belangrijk.

      Delete
  4. Your moving back home approaches very quickly ! I really wish that you will find your good old self back and be happy again. Your sister is right, you should start a new life in NL ! My son when he travelled with his cat (who lived then 15 years with us) let her out of the cage once the car doors closed, then she didn't meow a word anymore, settled down and looked out of the window behind. My cats do that too when I go to the vet with them, I leave them out of the cage on the return trip of course. Try it, I think they are unhappy to be locked in. You can also buy a harness and leash if you are afraid that she will jump out once the car door is open !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mee eens pepperfly :-)
    En weer kunnen genieten van alles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the move. I hope the herbs help Miss O on your trip. At least she will be with you and you don't have to worry how she is being handled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad the last move didn't work out for you, but I hope this one does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got this, kid. Hope the herbs keep the queen kitty happy. I have traveled with a yeowling cat a time or two. Loooonnnnggg hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping it's like a feline cannabis. Although that might be catnip...

      Delete
  9. I didn't realize you were moving back in with your parents but I get that. Hopefully you will find a job and your own place soon. I didn't even realize that you could drive there. That's nice! Our vet has given us anxiety pills for when we travel with Skye. I hope the herbal stuff helps. Have you tested it on her yet? Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!