Thursday 24 January 2019

Nearly! Oh no...

I thought I would have the kitchen packed up by now. And to be honest, it is. Sort of. There are just two or three things that I haven't found a place for yet. Big bulky things that don't fit in the regular size boxes. Like the dish drainer I have. It fits in a box alright, just not nicely. Annoying. 

As for the clothes: they are mostly either packed away to send on or packed away to take with. Until I find yet another pair of socks or a scarf. The unpacking party is getting more ridiculous by the day, as I am really putting everything together now to fill up the last boxes. Plates and shampoo and scarves and stuff that comes from nowhere (don't ask, not a clue). 

Left-over boxes on the left
The last three days I have been working hard I think, although others might not feel the same. Which to be honest is not really my problem just now. My problem is that I noticed muscles in places I didn't have muscles. And they are a bit tender. It's a good thing this whole move is nearly done, otherwise I would start to look like Arnold's little sister!

I am know just tidying every single room to see whether there is any more stuff that needs to be packed away. The stuff that I do find now however, is usually weird shaped or very big. It won't fit in a box or very badly. But, I am nearly there, so I am not too worried. 

About 6,5 cubic meters (about 230 cubic feet)
In total (incl. furniture) about 26 m3 (918 ft3)
Once I have packed everything that needs to come, I need to get rid of the things that don't come. Like rubbish and stuff that goes to a charity shop. But that can wait until next week. The place is mine until January 31st anyway. 

6 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    My muscles are twitching in empathy! Well done on the 'so far' and good luck with 'still hanging'! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nearly there, although I had better get a move on today. Been here half an hour already and not done a thing yet...

      Delete
  2. Well done Mara...so you have me wondering. Will your belongings be in a truck all by themselves or with others. I noticed the plastic bins. We use cardboard boxes that can be written on here. Maybe you have it too I just can't see.
    Love the big banana boxes
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's difficult trying to make your life fit into a box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those foot prints in front of the boxes?

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!