Saturday 31 December 2016

What happened with the plan?

At the beginning of this year, I made a plan. Not resolutions, a plan. A plan for four major areas: a healthy body, a healthy mind, a healthy house and a healthy relationship. Quite a bit of it was interlocking, so get one area right and it would affect another area. Question now of course is: what became of this grand plan of mine? 

Well, let's start with the healthy body. The food intake stayed more or less the same. I try to drink enough fluid during the day and I try and eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. But the cakes and such are always beckoning. 

I had to start moving again and I think I did that. Not only did I climb some (low) mountains, I actually participated in a triathlon as well. Came last of course, but I got across the finish line. Running! 

And yes, I did finally found out where the headaches come from. Not that it does me much good to know it: the job is a big problem and so is cycling. Mind you, the fact that it had nothing to do with chocolate meant my food intake became a bit worse this year...

The healthy mind was next. Well, I started off great by going to the cinema in January, but after that it was a bit of nothing. Until the holidays of course when we went to see a concert and we saw an opera. In the street! Plus in London I saw 'the Snowman', which was great. Overall though: could have done better. 

Let's not even begin about dancing lessons, because, well, I didn't take them. End of. I had a small plan to do them while on holiday with my sister, but for some reason I forgot them. Silly. Lessons in the Viennese Waltz in Vienna would have been extra special. Perhaps next time. The holiday itself however was fantastic and just what I needed. 

Oh my, the healthy house. Now, that was a story in itself. But I can say that even though I am not living in my dream home (yet), I have moved to a much healthier house. I can actually drink the water here. The walls aren't moving during a gust of wind. And my landlord is great. Miss Oswin might not be quite as enamoured with the place, but I quite like it. 

And last but not least, the healthy relationship. Well, due to all the training I did this past year for the triathlon, I went out walking/hiking/swimming/cycling with several people which was great. And having them support me during the actual race was so fantastic and it gave me a real boost.

I spent time with my family this year as well. Easter was spent in the Netherlands with my parents and my sister and I spent three weeks together travelling through Central Europe. 

All in all, I think I did quite well. Of course there is always room for improvement, but that is what 2017 is for!

13 comments:

  1. Happy New Year dear Mara
    Sending you our best wishes for 2017
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    The minute we think there is NOT room for improvement, we are doomed. You are not that, Mara dear - you made great dints in that list this year and as you have already signed up for next year's (still at time of typing) triathlon, I anticipate you can only make even more of this list!!! I certainly wish you all the best for 2017 and may it bring even more of 'the plan' to fruition. Huggies, YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there is always room for improvement. On all fronts. Mind you, I am already dreading the training I need for next year's triathlon...

      Delete
  3. I think you did darn good, especially the triathlon from my point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love how organized you are. It is ok if everything doesn't go as planned but the good thing is with a plan you can do way more than expected if you don't have a plan
    Happy New Years to you, Miss Oswin and Brom
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE are sending you Our WISHES FUR A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, just keep heading in the right direction and it's all good!

    Happy New Year!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am trying too. And the plan of course still stands.

      Delete
  7. We think you did a great start and bet 2017 will keep you working on your great plan!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo (and Mama Beth)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did great this year and even inspired an old woman in the US to get off her duff! BTW, received the darling calendar in the mail just this morning! It did make it before 2017! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, lately you have been doing better than yours truly, but I am to start training again...

      Glad the calendar made it in time!

      Delete
  9. I think you did amazing last year! Keep up the good work and just back away slowly from the sweets......
    All the best to you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!