Monday 19 December 2016

Day 19: Scrooge

Plenty of candles, but no Scrooge!
Last week I posted something about my favourite Christmas films and Anvilcloud replied that he thought it was a shame I had not included Scrooge in my list. In his opinion it was the best! So, when I saw it would be on television yesterday, I was all set. It was in my recording list and I would watch it at the same time.

That was, until the electricity went off. And when it came back on, it went back off again. After half an hour it came back on and yes, you guessed it: it went back off. Finally, after we turned most of the stuff we had on off, my landlord turned it on again and it stayed on. 

By then however, I had missed part of the film. There is only solution now: buy it on dvd!

We still don't know what caused the black-out. The cooker? The dish washer? The lights on my tree? The electricity troll? Whatever it was, we hope it is sorted now.

10 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Christmas overload!!!

    Actually, I watched last night 1957 film with Cary Grant and David Niven called The Bishop's Wife, which is a Christmas film with CG as an angel... it was a little gem and I don't recall ever having seen it before - but would love to see it again!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have owned it for years (and It’s a Wonderful Life), but I have never seen it (or the other one). I saw the remake (The Preacher’s Wife) with Whitney Houston several years ago though. Not that memorable.

      Delete
    2. Hari OM
      Yeeechh. I'd not idea that was a remake and would not watch it anyway as am NOT a WH fan... I think you truly would enjoy the CG version though. Yxx

      Delete
    3. Well, it's in my 'to watch' pile!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry. This is all my fault. Scrooge likes to ruin Christmas. Bah, humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Scrooge is a good movie but I don't like it enough to own it however Scrooged with Bill Murray is one that I own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our favorite Christmas shows are Charlie Brown Christmas, Home Alone, and A Christmas Story.

    We hope the power stays on at your place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know, I saw Home Alone in the cinema when it first came out. I loved it and will still watch it whenever it's on!

      Delete
  5. The black out was surely caused by Ebeneezer Scrooge...that is our humble opinion.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. WE hope so Also.... BaaaaWaaah now you can buy your OWN copy and watch whenever you wish... THAT is Good... NOW
    The Electricity GRINCH... will be Grinched.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!