Wednesday 8 May 2013

And again...

My alarm clock went off at 6am Tuesday morning. Never heard it though, since I had only been asleep for four hours: I had had to work late the night before. By 6.30am though, I was up. Shower, packing, more packing. At 9.30am one of my colleagues arrived with her pizza-car (a small van) to start loading everything up. The most important of course being my bed. 

Another colleague arrived and us three women worked hard. We moved my bed and a lot of boxes. After depositing them at the house, we went and got the couch I had bought. The photo doesn't do it justice though, because I am actually quite pleased with it. It's comfy, it's large, it's still in good nick. Even if it is a poopy colour. 

After we deposited the couch at the house, I was to stay in and wait for the washing machine (didn't want to miss it twice) and they were going to get my stove. They also got lunch! Which was much needed. Later that afternoon we drove to Åkra to get some of the larger stuff and the smaller stuff I had not needed yet. I had to leave the biggest wardrobes behind, but we got a good load again. 

We drove back, unloaded and then loaded again in Haugesund. However, we didn't drive to the new place immediately. First there was to be a bit of respite for me, if not for the other two: rowing training! The weather was glorious, the sun came out, it was warm, not a lot of wind. And I had forgotten my camera of course!

Well, the last bit was dropped off at home and then I was able to 'slappe av' or relax in good English. But if I wanted to sleep in my bed, I would need to make it first, since it was still in pieces. It didn't take me a long time, even with the wild screw. 

To say I slept soundly last night is an overstatement. As a matter of fact, it was hard for me to get to sleep. The stress of moving certainly had a part in it, but mostly I think I was just too tired. And my body just couldn't relax enough. Even after the nice warm shower I had had. Tonight will be better I think.

As you may have noticed, there are only old photos here, I will post some new ones as soon as possible. 

5 comments:

  1. Moving is hard work. Eventually, you will sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! I'm glad you are in your new place! Your couch looks nice and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would certainly say you were over tired. Moving is a lot of work and only get four hours sleep didn't help. Hope tonight is better and glad you got so much accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I last moved I was 32 years old ! "Fortunately" I got a pneumonia and Mr. G and friends had to do the moving alone ! I stayed in bed and my mother helped with my son and fed me ! Awful ! Fortunately this was my last move until I move into a coffin !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the poopy couch! It is very comfy, and when you think about it: it could have been red. That would have been a disaster! So, I hope you and your lovely poopy couch will have a long and relaxing relationship together. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!