Right after Christmas I promised you the recipe to the mustard soup my sister made for Christmas. And then I completely forgot about it. When I remembered again, I had lost the recipe, but today, finally, I will give you the recipe!
2 tablespoons of butter
3 leeks, cut in rings (yes, even the green)
3-4 table spoons of course mustard
3 potatoes, cut in cubes
7,5 dl (just over 3 cups) of vegetable or chicken stock
2 dl (just under 1 cup) of cream
fresh ground black pepper
*2 table spoons of spring onion
*2 table spoons of bits of fried strips of bacon
1. Heat the butter in a pan with a thick bottom and slowly fry the leeks for about 6 minutes.
2. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of mustard and the potato-cubes and fry for another 4 minutes.
3. Pour in the stock, bring it to the boil and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Puree the soup in the blender, bring it to the boil anew and add the cream.
5. Use the pepper and salt to taste.
6. Right before serving add the remainder of the mustard, making sure you stir well, otherwise there will just be a big lump of mustard in your soup.
7. Serve with the spring onion and the strips of bacon on the side (so you can add to taste).
It's a very easy recipe, it is extremely tasty and it is suitable for vegetarians. I tend to add a lot more mustard than it states in the recipe (about double the amount) and it still tastes fantastic.