Tuesday 23 November 2021

Tuesday's Travels 32

The photo may be old, but there were still two people who recognised it: Avebury in England. Points to Gera and Yamini. 
My story? I lived not too far from here back in the early 1990's and I visited this site several times. I liked the fact you could walk around and actually touch the stones. It is in the same vicinity as Stonehenge, yet I never visited that site for some reason, only driving past once.

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week. And not only the answer, but an extra special challenge including price giving! Whoohoo!

9 comments:

  1. On a gondola in the canals of Venice, Italy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Oh that has to be Venice... never been and, strangely, have never had the desire to go. YAM xx

    PS hope yesterday wasn't too traumatic and you are settled to recovery already! Yxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, when people live in an area, they put off going to certain attractions, thinking that they will get there sometime. When we first moved here, we went to places that some who had lived here longer hadn’t visited yet, and they remarked on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure looks like Venice, Italy to us. We've never been but we've seen lots of pictures and videos/movies from that beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Volgens mij is dit Venetië. Maar ik ben er nooit geweest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely Venice. I have been there three times and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes its Venice. I have been there a couple of times and loved it, so much to see and do, but needless to say I did not go on a gondola.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitief Venetië. In 2017 met het Mannenkoor daar nog geweest om te bezichtigen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm surprised you didn't visit Stonehenge. No I haven't been to your new photo location but I'm thinking it has to be Venice. Thinking about you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!