Tuesday 16 November 2021

Tuesday's Travels 31

When I saw the answers coming in on last week's challenge, I did think I would have to give a point to all of you saying it was Rome. As it could so easily have been Rome. But then Fun60 swooped in and gave us Naples. And not only that, she gave the reason as well: Maffia! So, a well deserved point to her.
My story? On my way to Herculaneum, we passed not only this site, but several others that were choc-a-bloc with rubbish. It was not being collected as often as it should because of the Maffia. The end result being huge dumps of household waste which would result in rats and other vermin...

On to this week's challenge now. Do you know where this is? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week.

4 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Ah yes, the standing stones and the ditch are the giveaway here, I too believe this to be Avebury stone circle. Been there half a century ago... or closer to sixty years really. We did that, Stonehenge, Cheddar Gorge, Lands End... I was barely four years old, but can remember these places quite clearly - that's how impressive they are!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't know for sure but would have to guess somewhere in England. We couldn't see the stones until we made the picture bigger but were at first just focused on the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have ever been but it looks lovely to me.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!