Tuesday 2 November 2021

Tuesday's Travels 29

Well, there are of course plenty of arenas or colossea out there, but did you pick the right one? Did you pick the one in Nîmes, France? Points go to Harm and Yamini.
My story? During the week that I spent in the Provence on that school trip, we also visited Nîmes and its Arena. Inside we got a short tour to tell us all about it. It is still in use as well, so those Romans did leave something lasting behind. 

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week. 

6 comments:

  1. De kinderdijk in Nederland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the Netherlands, but I do not know where exactly. Sorry I missed last week, but I had my little great niece staying and was kept pretty busy. I didn't know where the colosseum was, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    That is undeniably the Netherlands - though I do not necessarily know the exact spot either, despite having visited your fine country more than half a life time ago...YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOHHH I say... just looked up the name given by Gera and realised that we did actually pass through there, so the memory I have of lots of windmills is quite possibly from that exact area!!! We were visiting Rotterdam area and camping up before our return to Harwich out of 'Hook of Holland.' We'd been at Gouda before that which I loved - not just for the cheese, but the candles! YAM xx

      Delete
  4. Like the previous comments we are sure it is somewhere in the Netherlands since there are so many windmills in the picture, but we have no idea specifically where.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I haven't been but I love the windmills. I'm guessing they are in Holland.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!