Monday 22 November 2021

Chores

When I made the appointment for the operation, the assistant told me that it would be handy if I did the main chores before, as I would have limited use of the hand for a while. Which meant that the main bulk of the laundry had to be done, the bed had to be changed, the litter box had to be clean and several other things had to be done. 

For that I was quite lucky to have the appointment postponed for a couple of days (originally Friday, then Monday), which gave me the weekend to do it all. Because it was no fun doing it all. It's not a fun job anyway, but when you have a wrist that complains when you don't do anything, you can imagine what it was like when you're actually using it. 

The main job was the bed. I had my autumn cover on, but as I will most likely not have complete use for at least a few weeks, I decided it was best to put the winter stuff on. Which meant severe struggles with the duvet cover and sheets and such, while the wrist protested every step of the way. In the end I did get it done however. I then decided to write a few more posts to appear during my recovery (this being one of them).

7 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting on top of the chores whilst you can. I can always find something else to do rather than housework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Yes, sending wishes for clean procedures and then speedy recovery. Planning ahead on the chores is great... but does that mean the blogging counts as a 'chore'??? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo! Although the hand did protest quite severely.

      Delete
  3. It sure seems painful. Hopefully, you are pretty well set up now. All the best for successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was good advice even though it was painful to do. We have our paws crossed that all goes well for your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you are all set. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You take care.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!