Tuesday 9 November 2021

Tuesday's Travels 30

Of course I got a right answer again. This time from Gera who knew it was Kinderdijk in the Netherlands (although in this case even Holland (cringe horror) was correct). So, point to her.
My story? Well, even though it is quite close to where my grandparents lived, I only saw it for the first time in my late teens (the photo is from that trip). The mills were built centuries ago and are all used to make sure the land wasn't flooded. To this day the mills can and do perform that function, albeit in this day and age only to help out in case of emergency. 

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week.

7 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Crikey - that could be any city... but the Italian "no parking" sign at least gives the country so am stabbing with a blindfold and saying Rome, coz I know you've been there! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Rome. The rubbish was really gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a moody photo. I don't think I really noticed before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're guessing somewhere in Italy and it looks like the people that pick up the garbage are on strike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it might be Naples. I was there in 2017 I think it was and the rubbish was piling up in the streets. I did ask an Italian friend about it and she said they were not paying the Mafia enough. But then this probably isn't Naples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no clue. On a different subject I do know that I have been on streets in Paris that were built over trash many, many years ago. I was very surprised to learn that fact.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We once landed in an airport in The Netherlands but never got off.
    OMCs all that trash..
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!