Wednesday 1 April 2020

April Fool

Did you have that same suspicion as I did: that this whole Corona thing was just a very elaborate joke played on us by politicians? But today is April Fool and I don't think it is. Yesterday the measures taken originally until April 6th have been prolonged to April 28th. But our prime minister said that 'he wouldn't advise anybody to make any plans for the May holiday' (which is around that time). 

Which means that for the foreseeable future, we will be in the house trying to pass our days. Yesterday I spruced up my Mice for Mama site and added a few more things, including some made by my mum. Today I plan on continuing with a little cardigan I am making. It looks really lovely right now, but I can't wait for it to be finished. Probably another week or so.

I have taken out all my DVD's as well. I still haven't found 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks', which I thought I had, but it might be my sister who owns it. We have watched a couple of other films though as there is no sport to be had and at a certain point you do get a bit fed up with all that Corona news. 

I watch one episode a day of Doctor Who and have plenty of other series to help me through (Last of the Summer Wine, Dinnerladies, Sherlock, M*A*S*H, Eureka). So for the time being I am doing okay. 

My mum has a question though. She wants to see a film about a couple and their two daughters. Those girls are quite free and fancy. There is a housekeeper and also a crocodile that eats a broom (that last bit is important apparently). It's not animated, it's not horror or thriller, it's just a fun film. She thinks Dick van Dyke might be in it, but she is not so good on names (she does know Dick van Dyke though). Anybody any ideas?

8 comments:

  1. No idea about that movie, but it anyone can track it, it will be you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect any day now to hear more restrictions here. Virginia,the state just above NC, has issued effective at 5pm today, absolutely not going anywhere. We heard the tail in of the story and are still wondering about food etc
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    The film might be Chitty Chitty Bang Bang... Dad and I have watched, after many years, Witness, with Harrison Ford. Still gorgeous cinematography, like a Dutch painting. We also loved (and watched twice!) The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind. 5*. For fun, give Going In Style a go... Michael Caine, Adam Arkin and Morgan Freeman.

    I love all the new stuff and the M4M bloggy makeover! Change as good as a rest, right?.. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might be CCBB, but my mum says it isn't. We are going to watch it anyway soon, because it is a brilliant film.

      Delete
  4. No idea on that show, but I'll try to think about it. Sometimes the answer will pop into my head at 2am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly the lockdown is still needed. I can't think of a movie I've seen with that description. Glad you got the rest of your movies. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We too have been keeping the TV off except to watch new dramas/comedies in the evenings. The lack of sports is a bigger bother to my husband than to me although I will miss football if for some reason it can't go on in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't a clue as to the movie. namaste, janice

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!