Tuesday 7 April 2020

The list

That list with 72 items to do or experience. Plenty to get on with you would think, but so far, I haven't done a single thing of them! I have not read a single book, not counting the first Asterix comic. I have been knitting though and have nearly finished a lovely little cardigan. I am starting a second one now, as I have to wait for the proper needles to arrive at the craft store first: they were sold out! Only then can I make the sleeves.

There are however some plans of rearranging furniture. As you may know I live at my parents' at the moment and I don't see that changing any time soon, especially not with this Corona thing going on. I have my rooms in the attic (no flowers), where I started out as well. That was my room when we first moved in here. A nice large attic room with plenty of space. Which was halved only a few years later as my sister had to come and share with me. 

So, my dad and an uncle got busy changing my lovely big room in two smaller rooms. Both still quite big though. But now the plans are to make it one big room again, albeit with the lower ceiling. It will take quite a bit of work, probably some painting, new flooring and all that, but I think I should be quite happy with the end result. Whenever that may be!

The plans are there, now for the execution of said plan...

13 comments:

  1. What a cute cardigan. We can't wait to see it all finished. Good luck with the home renovation project. It will probably be nice to have one large room up there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will there still be place for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great cadi you've almost finished. A new room to look forward. You could say things are on the up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are somewhat on the up: my parents want to do another two rooms on top of my room, which means a lot of packing away and making room elsewhere. Ah well, it's not as if we've anything else to do at the moment...

      Delete
  4. I,like how the cardigan looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    Oh, changing rooms can bring a whole new dimension to life - may the plans be excuted sooner than soon! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. By the end of May my father reckons. He doesn't think we are ready before then. I have moved countries in less time than that!

      Delete
  6. I was surprised when I saw houses or apartments in Amsterdam but apparently it's in the whole Netherlands like that (in Germany too) What you call big, for us it's just a storage room I think Belgium has the biggest rooms in Europe, our living will be 40m2 and the three bedrooms 15m2 and that is not big, that's normal. Even the social houses for poor people the rooms are huge !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you may be settling in for a bit longer stay than originally intended. Is the uncle that helped put up the wall helping to take it down? Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it was going to be difficult, but I didn't expect it to be this difficult finding a place. And of course I don't have a job and a steady income at the moment either due to this Corona stuff!

      Delete
  8. The cardigan is pretty. Good luck with your room!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!