Friday 3 April 2020

Update on the film

As I told you a few days ago, my mother is on the lookout for a film, which she wouldn't mind seeing again. Some of you said it might be Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, which I must admit was my guess as well. To make sure it wasn't, we watched it last night. Dick van Dyke was in it, but no crocodile eating a broom. It wasn't the film.

Nor in fact was it Dick van Dyke that is in that other film. It is someone taller and blonder. Which really adds to the range of details so far. Not! 

I seem to recall a film where there is an inventor that sells his invention to some Chinese man, but I haven't got a clue whether her tall, blonde hunk is in it, nor whether there are any cold-blooded reptiles eating household equipment.

Here's what I know so far:
No Dick van Dyke in the film. It's not animated. The tall blonde hunk is married and has two daughters (at least) that have quite a free upbringing. There is a housekeeper that tries to chase a crocodile away with a broom that then gets eaten (the broom, not the housekeeper). It's NOT a horror film, nor a thriller. It's most likely made in the 1960's/1970's. Could be a bit later.

Help!

7 comments:

  1. hari OM
    Oh, a detective thread... all the best! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it hasn't gotten us anywhere though...

      Delete
  2. Almost 60 years ago, while home sick from school one day, I saw a film that I would have loved to have seen again. IIRC an older man died and his deceased father came to collect him for the afterlife, but his father appeared younger than the old man because he died at a younger age. I found it hilarious at the time, but I never found it again. I probably would think it awful now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That description doesn't ring any bells with us either. We hope someone can figure out what the movie is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wild guess: The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, into the Google rabbit hole I go. Found the best 200 movies of 1970's site. Nothing matches. My brain may break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have stopped looking now. Perhaps then it will come naturally.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!