Thursday 2 April 2020

Frunkleday, Slorbday, Kirlonsday

This morning as I was stood in the kitchen trying to take my medication, I knew something was wrong. Because I use The pill, it comes with those handy day-markers. It said it was Thursday. I knew it wasn't Thursday, it couldn't be Thursday. Or could it?

Normally there would be some sort of order to the week. But all that has gone out the window. We are not going anywhere, we don't work, there are no social thingymebobs. All there is is television and even that has gone haywire. It's all Corona these days, either directly or indirectly. 

The days blend into one. Days pass slowly, yet all of a sudden you're three days later! It might as well be Kirlonsday today (it was Slorbday yesterday and Frunkleday the day before). I wonder what tomorrow would be though...

11 comments:

  1. Our pawrents are retired and they have a saying that "Every day is a Thursday when you're retired". It seems even worse now since all the sports are shut down. Usually you could at least tell it was the weekend because there is more sports to watch on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    It's so true... except it was happening to me before the shutdown!!! I prefer your names anyway... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Frunkleday is my favourite!

      Delete
  3. Cute post. Yes, it does get difficult withou the usual markers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL BOL for the funny names of the days. We get them all mixed up too. Today my GW was sure it was Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOL MOL MOL Mara...that title made me snicker.
    Oh do I hear you on the days running together.
    Mama duck has her ducklings in a row
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every day seems like Sunday and it's so peaceful. The birds seem to sing louder than ever but we never know what day it is either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We couldn't work out the month yesterday. Was it still March? Oh no it is now April! 6 months of social distancing has been mentioned here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still do have the months straight. For now...

      Delete
  8. As jabblog says every day it seems to be Sunday ! No cars, no peopole, all shops closed. fortunately they have increased Internet capacity here and also added TV channels which normally you have to pay for. We are still lucky, imagine to be confined in a big 10 stores building !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just another day in creation.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!