Friday 2 June 2017

Sniggers

I ordered a couple of balls of yarn.
Here's the box that was delivered to my sister's office.
I called my Mum today because I wanted to know how she was getting on. And she's doing fine. Yes, she still gets tired, but she is able to go places again. Not for long yet, but still, she's on the mend. 

She then asked me how I was doing and how my fingers were. Now, you may remember I had some trouble with my right index finger. Whenever I have a day off it doesn't bother me at all. When I am at work though, it's another matter. One simple movement and it hurts. Leaving me to think that my body is getting to be allergic to work...

I then told her about my left middle finger. The one I cut with the small scissors just the other day. Which made her snigger a bit. Because apparently I am exactly like my Dad! Not to be trusted with sharp implements. And even my Dad agreed!

Anyway, the good news was that my Mum was doing fine and the other news is that I am a lot like my Dad (which we already knew).

13 comments:

  1. You might be interested in a house we read about today that was recently built in Washington DC by a later-in-life married professional couple. The woman had her very own Knitting Room! Now she must do a lot of knitting!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That WILL have to go into our big house. No question!

      Delete
  2. Do you have a trigger finger? Don't laugh. It's a real thing. Ghostwriter had one that was so annoying. So she had a simple surgery done and it's all better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, sometimes it's the left hand and other times it's the right hand. And not always the same finger either!

      Delete
  3. I had to snicker at your Mom's sniggers because we snicker not snigger over here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of yarn! Are you planning on making lots of afghans or more mice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear that your mom is doing well. Enjoy your weekend and stay away from sharp objects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    My oh my - those are BIG balls of yarn!!! Need to check back to see if I missed anything. Had a week away from internet, phone and television. Absolute bliss. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much as big as very very very many (80)! My sister will try to get them all here to Norway when she comes. With the emphasis on try!

      Delete
    2. ...ah, I see... (and it shows you my current state of mind that I forgot I told you yesterday I was back and repeated myself in today's comment... sigh...) Yxx

      Delete
  7. Mara we could be distant cousins...I cannot be trusted with sharp objects either. At Thanksgiving I tried to amputate my right index finger..while washing a knife. I still have a scar. Truth be told I should have gotten stitches but we had company coming in a matter of minutes. It healed but there is a small area still w/o an itty bitty amount of 100% feeling. What do you plan to make with all that yarn?
    I'm glad to hear your mum is doing well

    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mum doing great is wonderful. Cutting yourself, not so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree with you.I am taking care now though.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!