Thursday 1 June 2017

Buttons

Earlier this year me and my sister went home to see our mother after her first operation. At the time she was feeling okay and definitely not in need of 24-hour bedside visitors, so we made our way to the shops on the Saturday. It's always good to have some Dutch food in Norway and I was on the look-out for some yellow fabric. 

And then my eye fell on the buttons. Big buttons, small buttons, blue buttons, yellow buttons, black buttons. Buttons in the shape of flowers, animals, hearts. Buttons made of wood and plastic and metal. But there was one button I fell in love with. I just had to have them! I would figure out later what I was going to use them on. 

Any ideas??

12 comments:

  1. Oh pretty! Yous so lucky Mum do moan there are nowhere around here to get decent buttons
    Now, whatcha gonna make to use up your pretty buttons?
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty! Since you had strong, positive reaction to them I think that wearing them would brighten your day and I'd want to wear them as soon possible. I'd put them on a shirt, one you make if you have the talent and time or, replace the buttons on a shirt you already have or go buy one that the buttons would look lovely on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually a pretty good idea to change the buttons on something I already own/am going to buy. I never thought about that!

      Delete
  3. Pretty and interesting. It will be fun to see where they end up!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...ze zijn echt superleuk. Ik zou zo niet iets kunnen verzinnen waar je ze op zou moeten zetten, maar ze zijn mooi genoeg om gewoon in een mooi schaaltje te liggen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dat vindt Miss Oswin vast ook! In een mooi schaaltje leggen en ze dan over een maand overal onder de bank vandaan moeten vegen!!

      Delete
  5. I didn't know what they were until I read your post. They are really attractive buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ghostwriter says you can wear these pretty buttons as jewelry. Oh, and thank you for your good wishes in German for my Oma. She's feeling a lot better, but has to stay in a nursing home for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might work. I will have to think about that because I don't usually wear gold or gold/yellow coloured things.

      Delete
  7. No ideas but they are lovely. I do love buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Material shopping can cause a shortage of storage space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOW she tells me! Mind you, even without the buttons I would be short on storage space. Unless I start using the (damp) basement.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!