Sunday 12 September 2010

Tag

I think I wrote about being tagged quite a while back and stated then that I wouldn't join in again until after the summer holiday. At least. And apparently that's resonated through blogland and I was tagged today! Eight questions to answer, ten people to tag (I will stick to one) and of course thanking the person who tagged me in the first place.

Well the tagger is K (Banterings of a Basketcase) (thank you) and here are the taggee's (ie my) answers.

1. Why did you start blogging? I first started to keep family and friends updated about my plans to move to Canada. It quickly moved into keeping family and friends updated about my life in general and along the way I picked up a few others who are interested in what I'm getting up to. A bonus to blogging is that my head seems to be quieter as well, instead of having to tell the same story over and over to my colleagues, I can now just write it down.

Trevi Fountain in Rome
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world with no restriction of costs, where would you go and why? I've always wanted to visit Japan, so that would be on my list. I would revisit Rome and Prague, see the Hermitage in St Petersburg, see the Northern Lights wherever you can catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights, try and cross a desert. As long as I can bring my own pillow I will be fine.

3. Did you have a teacher in school that had a great influence in your life? In retrospect I think the most influential has to be Mr Visser (or Dickie Visser as we would call him, as opposed to Visser s.c.h. because there was also a Mr Visscher teaching the same subject) who taught English. I chose English in high school because I didn't really know what to choose and English was quite easy. One day we had to do a classroom reading (ie you read a few lines out loud and then someone else had a go: tedious!) of 'The Importance of being Earnest' by Oscar Wilde. Well, Mr Visser looked my way, but skipped letting me read aloud during the whole book. He could see I was well ahead of the rest and chuckling away at the book. I've been reading English literature ever since and still discover new books.

4. If you could spend one day with a famous person, who would it be and what would you do? The cast of 'Last of the Summer Wine', a British comedy series only featuring older people. Unfortunately the show was cancelled this year after over thirty years! But I would still love to get to know the people who played all those beloved characters. As a matter of fact, any new cats will be called Howard and Marina!

5. Toilet paper, over or under? There is only one way: over! And I will change it round, so you are warned!

6. Name one thing in your life you would do over if possible. Go to college and get a degree in whatever (midwifery on a submarine for example or how to dig ditches at open sea). I sometimes feel I missed out on college life and friends. Then again, I have had a great life so far and have seen great places and met tons of people.

Wuppie
7. Tell about your pets - if any. Well, there's Wuppie, a red tom who is just not the cleverest in the world. Unless it comes to food! There's Mathilda, his proper sister, a blackish lady who doesn't miaow and doesn't like milk. Then I've got Sophie, a grey tabby who doesn't like other people, other houses, other cats or sitting on my lap without a towel between us. And of course Linette, another grey tabby who loves to roam outdoors, loves sitting on my lap and has a crook in her tail.

8. Do you live in a small town or a large town? I live in a small town, but would prefer it being even smaller. Like only one house: mine! As long as I have decent television reception I would be happy. Oh, and a pink car of course to get to work and the shops and such.

And now it's time to tag somebody else. I think I would like to tag Kay L Davies. My latest follower and I would love to get to know her a bit better.

4 comments:

  1. My son went to Japan with his best girl about two years ago. They loved it. I would have liked to spend a day with Princess Diana.
    Toilet Paper must be over!!! That was a fun tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was wondering what it meant to be tagged, and now I know. I have to answer the same list of questions, right? Okay, this will take some time. I'm beginning to think of myself as being quite old, so there's a lot of thinking to be done, except for the school teacher, because there's only one candidate.

    Interesting. I think. ;~)
    --K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again: discovered more than one teacher when I really gave it some thought. Pondered the others, came up with some answers, and am now about to post it, so be warned.
    --K

    ReplyDelete
  4. On our way to New York, we stopped in Lexington to pick up a few things. In the parking lot of the store was... oh my gosh my daughter was so excited and she is 27... anyway what it was was... a pink Hummer Limo. You would look great styling around town in that!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!