Friday 6 February 2009

Weighty matters

Originally the new title of this blog referred to my quite hefty orange tomcat named Wuppie. Having him lie on your feet (yesterday morning), will definitely let your feet go numb.

But not only Wuppie is quite a weighty matter, there are of course also the less physical and more emotional matters that can carry a lot of weight around. Deciding to emigrate is one of those matters and a lot of emotions are part of that decision. Not only on my side, on the side of friends and family as well. Their disbelief (a colleague just the other day), their hope I will decide not to move and all other emotions concerning my intended move. The fear I have of doing the wrong thing just to prove other people wrong. The fear I have of remaining single and ending up a lonely old woman with a gazillion cats. The fear my life doesn't turn out the way I would like it to. But also the joys of family and friends, even if they do drive me around the bend on occasion! The joys ànd anguishes of my job, dealing with strangers on a near daily basis.

Of course all that doesn't mean that I won't be penning any nonsense anymore. Because let's face it: a bull in a china shop is also a weighty matter and can make absolutely riveting reading!!!

1 comment:

  1. Whatever you decide to do in the end, you are very brave to consider such a move.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!