Thursday 12 February 2009

Certificate

In the ten years I've been a busdriver, I've received three certificates of a "damage-and-traffic-fine free year of driving". The first time I had actually hit an Irish car that year, so wasn't really entitled to it, but my boss couldn't be bothered to get it changed. The second year actually was good, but last year once again, I had had some damage. Not much and nothing compared to what that bus had to endure a few months later: total loss and the driver unfortunately lost his life.

But, I know that next year I will not receive my fourth certificate, because today, thanks to some idiot who put his car within an inch of my coach, I had some damage! Fortunately I'm really quick in filling out the insurance form, but still...

I'll be glad when this week is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!