Monday 23 February 2009

Oscar

After last year I vowed never to watch another Oscar ceremony: it was so boring and the 'supposedly' funny who-ever-it-was, was SO not funny. At least I didn't think so. But when I heard that this year Hugh Jackman would be hosting I thought: I will give it a go. He is definitely too cute to miss...
So, after a hard day at work (driving back from London), I had to wait until the middle of the night before it started, but was not disappointed when it finally did start. Hugh Jackman was brilliant (and very very very cute). Singing, dancing ànd presenting. Great job!

Now I have to admit I've not seen a single film that was nominated. I would love to see Benjamin Button and The Reader sounds interesting as well, but that will have to wait a while, so it will probably be a dvd soon. Therefore my knowledge of the nominated films comes from magazines and television shows about film. It didn't matter though: I thought this year wasn't half as boring as last year, the dresses were beautiful (I loved Kate Winslet) and the speeches were short enough. So next year, I will (if possible) watch again...

1 comment:

  1. It was okay although they could easily cut to the five big awards IMO. But I'm sure I will watch next year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!