Wednesday 18 February 2009

E is for...

Eye! The London Eye to be precise.
I took this picture in 2004 when I took my goddaughter A. to London for a few days. It was overcast for most of the time we were there, I embarassed her on a few occasions (I only was about 40 pence short in small change, after counting for about 10 minutes), but we had a great time anyway. We went on the Underground a lot, we took a touristy trip, we visited the London Dungeon, we went to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in the theatre (BIG hit) and of course we went on the London Eye.
I hope that despite the embarassing moments, she remembers our time in London well...
For more E-words, visit: ABC Wednesday

10 comments:

  1. I imagine she enjoyed it thoroughly! Such outings are precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the angle of this shot, and the overcast day gives some character to the picture. I'm sure your granddaughter has fond memories of being with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet she remembers it with joy! A lovely post and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great shot, very moody.
    Good E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture; love the wheel, sky and the plane just coming into the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I think the Eye looks much better - more dramatic - with overcast skies. And the angle you chose enhances it beautifully!

    Embarrassing your children is necessary from time to time. It teaches them things. Like, parents aren't perfect. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great photo for E! I visited London for the first time in 2003, but we didn't get to go on the Eye. Next time, for sure! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a GREAT shot, I love the colors and the angle. Sounds like you had a grand time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool photo....I like the plane in the sky as added interest.

    Sounds like you had a great time in London.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, beautiful shot! I really love it. I have only been to London once, for a whirlwind two days, and we didn't go on the Eye :(

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!