Tuesday 28 September 2021

Tuesday's Travels 24

We stayed in Italy for this challenge. Did you recognise it? I wanted a two part answer this time, which meant I wanted the village and the mountain named. The village is called Pompeii and the mountain is called Vesuvius. So, who got them both and gets a point? Quite a few of you actually, although not all of you get the whole point. Fun60, Millie and Walter, and Harm get a full point each. Anvilcloud, Janice and My Mind's Eye get half a point each. Hilary gets a sixth of a point for naming several sites including Pompeii, but no mention of the mountain.
My story? I have been to Pompeii twice. Once with a school group and once with my own tour group. Pompeii is actually quite big. There is the archeological town and then there is the current town. Yes, people are still living in the town, albeit not the old bit. Both times I was restrained for time and on my second visit it was so incredibly hot, I never even entered the archeology. That afternoon I drove up Mount Vesuvius and parked close to the top, but again I didn't see the crater itself. Definitely somewhere to visit again.

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week!

7 comments:

  1. You sure have us stumped on this weeks picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Definitely Paris - as to which station? We did visit there many years ago, and I did see these Artes Nuveau signs, and we even went on the Metro for couple of stops.

    Last week's? How could I not have known for certain that was Pompeii? I have studied it so often and seen so many photos of it - hey ho... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get to go again.
    Doesn't look familiar to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo I'll take whatever points you are giving out. It is not often I can even guess where it places are located much less can say I've been there.
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you for the sixth of a point. I don't feel I really deserve it as I didn't know where is was and I only listed ones I had been too.

    Todays I am pretty sure is a Metro sign in Paris, I have been there several times and been on the underground too, the one there is much nicer than the one in London. Is it near the Eifel Tower, I remember once standing under the Tower and looking up, amazing sight. I went up it once too.
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!