Thursday 18 June 2020

Teenager

The teenage me
I feel like a teenager today. As in: I am home alone for the next few days. No parents around, just me and Miss O! It's bliss. And it was very necessary as well. For me as well as them I think. 

They were due to travel last Monday, but unfortunately that was cancelled. But they are not caught for one hole and found a hotel for a short stay. They left this morning and now the music is on and the cookie recipes are out!

Today I also got some really good news, which to be honest is the birthday present I really really wanted. No, it isn't my birthday yet (end of the month), but there is no law saying presents can't be early. 

Public transport in Florence, Italy
The good news relates to the job and today I found out when I start. July 12th. Which is still over three weeks away, but it finally is a set date. The only thing now is the contract which I should receive in a week or two.

But now: lunch!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on both the solitude and the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    OH yes, that is possibly the best news this year, right?!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your parent free home! We're glad to hear you have a start date for your job too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always good to have time to yourself. Pleased to hear you got a starting date at last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very nice to have some time to myself. And the weather is reasonable too.

      Delete
  5. Well that's great news. Enjoy your time alone and your cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news and cookies sound like the way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless I get a sugar overdose of course...

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!