Friday 19 June 2020

Home alone

It's lovely being home alone. It has been a long time since it last happened and it feels absolutely great right now. Yesterday I went shopping for ingredients for my cookies. I had some of it already and took it all out to put on the kitchen counter (nearly full), but there were other things I needed. 

I had planned to start with the strawberry cookies. I had found a great recipe on an American site (working with cups and such, what is wrong with grams?) and wanted to try it out, but by the time I started it was already after dinner and it had to rest for several hours before baking. So, oatmeal cookies it was...

The oatmeal cookies (there were six)
Which by the way tasted great. Not something I had expected as I had mixed and matched two different recipes and then added some ingredient not on the list. In the end I had a fairly crumbly oatmeal, raisin and cranberry cookie. Still room for improvement though, so today I will try one of the proper recipes with my adjusted ingredients as I don't want nuts.

Plus I will try the strawberry cookies as well. The basic recipe will be the one I found and then I will finish them with a slightly different, but in my book better, finish. It calls for egg-white and sugar, but I am going for a sugar frosting. Hopefully that will work the way it does in my mind. 

There is another recipe I would like to try, but for love nor money can't find the recipe of. It was made by Martha Stewart and contains peppermint in the filling but no chocolate. The only thing I can find however is with chocolate. I have now come up with my own version using shortbread cookies, peppermint patty filling and a white chocolate dipping on half of it. To me it sounds absolutely delicious.

Then of course there is the chocolate chip cookie, the carrot cake muffin (basically carrot cake in muffin forms instead of a large tin) and brownies. Goodness me, this loosing weight thingy is going to be harder than I thought...

10 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ...but, but, but... are you going to share the recipes??!!! YAM the drooler... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far only one type came out as it should. The rest was not worth sharing.

      Delete
  2. Oatmeal cookies. Used to get them at work/school. They'd bake a batch every morning. They were big, and you could get either crisp or soft. I had soft. Sue, had she been there, would have had crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home alone that is funny Mara...enjoy your time. I hope you and Ms Oswin manage not to get into any trouble like the little boy in the movie. Cookies sound very safe...
    I am so very happy to hear you have a start date for work.
    Enjoy your last 3 weeks of no working.
    Just caught up on yesterday's post and the teenage you
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun baking! (My ghostwriter hasn't baked cookies in ages!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, they all sound delicious! I would especially enjoy the carrot cake muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those all sound delish! We especially like the peppermint ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many goodies to get in the way of losing some weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as they don't all work out that well, so far I have been okay (ish).

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!