Thursday 23 January 2020

Time flies

Isn't it amazing to think that it's nearly February? I have been working some, I have been knitting some and in the mean time, time flies indeed. There are some fun things on the horizon, like an outing to a large amusement park. Provided the weather is good of course. Another fun thing I am still hopeful for is Eurovision, but I will need to keep my fingers and everything else crossed for that, plus I will need the help of several others if I want to get tickets. We will see what happens.

On the not so fun side: Miss Oswin had a problem back in the summer with her licking her belly a lot. It had to do with a urinary tract infection, which got sorted and she stopped licking. But only for a short time. So, out came the plastic pellets again and off to the vet the sample went. Imagine my surprise when he told me her pee was fine. And that is quite likely stress-related.

I bought a stress reducing plug-in pheromone bottle. Which seemed to work. Although the licking didn't really stop, she became a bit more calm. Of course we couldn't really check it just yet, as New Year's Eve in the Netherlands is 'celebrated' with lots of fireworks and this year was one of the worst my parents said. On we went in January. And we finally started noticing something else.

According to my mum Miss Oswin is antsy during the day. She will miaow, she will walk around, she will not sit still for more than a few minutes. She wants to be petted, but not for long. My dad says the same. But when I'm at home: she is quiet, she sleeps, she can easily be petted for half an hour at a time. Perhaps she has abandonment issues? Even though my mum is home most of the time? 

At least the pheromones seem to be working. Now she just needs to stop licking excessively and the fur needs to grow back...

7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh, poor Miss O... pawhaps you are just ready, like Mara, for your own space, a patch to call your own, a territory to make yours and yours alone??? Here's sending happy and calming vibes your way. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the both of us are ready! But I think it will take a while longer unfortunately...

      Delete
  2. Miss O is so beautiful. Maybe she is having some sort of mid life crisis like losing her waistline. Wonder if hot pepper sauce would stop the licking. It would me 🤦‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind wonders: do you often lick your belly?

      Delete
  3. We're sorry to hear Miss O isn't doing well and are crossing our paws that she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what is up with her? Cats are very difficult to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about Miss Oswin. She loves you so much. It's nice to know she is better when you are home. Praying she stops licking herself soon.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!