Thursday 2 January 2020

2020

A very miaow 2020 from Miss O
First of all I want to wish everyone a very happy, healthy and good 2020. May your year be filled with fun and laughter. And may it be filled with people helping you through the not so fun times. Remember there is always someone out there with a listening ear, a warm embrace or a glass of wine!

For my part, my year should hopefully be filled with more blogging hours. Last year was frankly atrocious: my lowest number of posts ever, not counting the first year when I only started in August.  There are a couple more things I really want to get done this year: find a proper job and find a place to live. I will need the first to get the second, so fingers crossed.

The past two weeks have been filled. First there was the Eurovision concert that me and Pepperfly visited. It was brilliant!! There were a few who decided that they wouldn't sing live, which was a shame, but most of them did and I would much rather hear a note off-key than a voice that definitely didn't fit the face anymore. Honesty is important, in music as in life. The little video is off Katrina (without her Waves), who did sing live and who was fantastic!!

Then after my last week at work, I prepared for my holiday. I was going to stay at my sister's in Northern Ireland for a week and a half. We had planned a lot of things to do: theater, watching television, eat, sleep, breathe, read, crochet/knit, eat some more, drink some. Basically nothing was planned (apart from the theater) and we would just take it the days as they came. I will elaborate a bit more in days to come.

My sister and I baked Christmas cookies, this being my batch
And now I am back home again. The Christmas stuff was taken down this morning, the laundry is going full blast and I am enjoying the last few days of my Christmas break before going back to work next week. 

7 comments:

  1. Christmas cookies like that take me back to my boyhood. Sue used to do them too, but my strongest association is when I was a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me the last year wasn't so good either, I hope that this year will be better ! I wish you to find a good job and a nice home ! I started the year with 5 scrabble friends we had a Sauerkraut in the Lunch garden ! was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    those cookies look delicious!!! I got busy with the hook too, did you see? I enjoyed Christmas at the Hutch, but coming over to Edinburgh for the new year has resulted in my falling prey to the dreadful virus that is doing the rounds. Am only just coming to, after 48 hours! 2020 can only get better from here. That's my plan and I intend to stick to it!!! I hope for you that your two main goals are achieved - and knowing you, everything that can be done about, will be!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cookies WERE delicious. And so easy to do as well, we were both surprised I think.

      As for the goals: the job should be okay (I hope and cross my fingers for), the place to live will be a bit more difficult: there is a severe housing shortage in the Netherlands!

      Delete
  4. Oh yes I agree with YAM those cookies...OMCs
    Happy New Year to you and Ms. Oswin and may 2020 be filled with joy, good health and peace.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crossing my fingers!!! Glad you got to enjoy Eurovision. They should definitely sing live in my opinion. Glad you had a nice visit with your sister. My decorations are still up and will be for at least another 10 days. Cookies are so cute. Wishing you joy in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! We hope you have luck in finding the right job and new home soon.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!