Saturday 4 January 2020

The case of the missing hat

When I lived in Norway, the mother of a friend of mine made me a hat. It was orange and it kept my head nice and warm on those cooler days. However, when I moved to Northern Ireland, I didn't want to keep that hat, as I used it a lot. So, the same mother of the same friend knitted me a pink hat. Which could also be worn on colder days. 

I wear that hat a lot. So, when it went missing a couple of weeks ago, I was not pleased to say the least. And the thing was: how could it have gone missing. I had had it in my hands not minutes ago and then it was gone!

Picture this: my friend Pepperfly and I are driving to Amsterdam to see, amongst others, Gali Atari from Israel (see video) at the Eurovision Party. There are plenty of spaces to park, but a sign at the entrance states that it will be closed as of 10 pm. The show doesn't finish until 11 pm. So, Pepperfly parked the car (somewhat), I got out and asked a parking attendant. We would be fine! No new entries, but exits were okay. 

I got back to the car, Pepperfly decided she needed a different and better spot and drove around to a different and better spot. We got out, put on our coats and walked away. Hold on, where's my hat? I had it only a minute ago on my lap in the car. It is not in the car. *Sigh*

We walked off anyway, but I wasn't happy about it. That hat had to be somewhere after all. It couldn't have just disappeared into thin air. What if it fell off my lap when I first got out of the car. So, I walked back. But instead of my hat, there was a big big car. Right where we had been. 

There was nothing for it: I had to look under the car. And when I did, what did I see shimmer in the distance: my hat! Now to get it back though. Which proved to be a bit more problematic. See, Pepperfly's car is quite small and we had not been parked perfectly anyway. This car was huge and was parked as it should. There was no way I could get hold of my hat.

I did what any self-respecting person who is missing her hat does: I got up, walked around and tried on the other side of the car. Where it proved to be a bit more possible. *Pfew* I had my hat back!

Photos by Pepperfly, hat by a Unique Mamma

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the early morning giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! We're glad you found and rescued your hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so glad you found your hat! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yet she persisted. Glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may only be a hat, but it is special to me. I once lost a scarf as well and called several colleagues to make sure it got back to me!

      Delete
  5. Hari OM
    Hand-knitted-with-love things must be found at all costs!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for not giving up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It couldn't have gone anywhere, yet it wasn't where I expected it was (my lap). It was a bit of a conundrum to be honest.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!