Sunday 5 January 2020

Photo on Sunday 2020-01

During our Christmas holiday, we decided to make some decorated cookies. My sister made the dough (she is good at dough), we baked the cookies and then...

...we had to decorate. We had never done it before in our lives, but the icing was easy enough to make (yes, we made it ourselves) and once we had gotten hold of some tooth picks, it became a bit easier as well.

The first photo shows my sister starting to decorate, the second my decorated cookies and the third my sister's batch. And they tasted yummy! Definitely something to do again...

10 comments:

  1. Maybe you can make it an annual tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    ...and share the recipe with us!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the cookies? Not a clue, as my sister made the dough. For the icing: icing sugar, water, colour and vanilla flavour.

      Delete
  3. They look very festive and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took three days of restraint before all of them, including the not decorated ones, were gone!

      Delete
  4. What flavor were those beauties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookies were a Dutch speculaas type dough I think, and the icing was vanilla flavoured.

      Delete
  5. I think they are adorable. I'm glad you had a nice time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!