Saturday 16 February 2019

The days

View from Castle Ward, Northern Ireland
June 2018
My days at the moment are quiet and easy. Not being registered as yet means that some things are not possible: health insurance or finding a home for myself. Although the latter is not possible anyway as I have not got any income either. I would be able to pay first and last month and then have to live in the dark and cold and without food and drink. I have thought about it and decided it was a bad option.

I sorted through some paperwork I had left at my parents' house when I left for Norway: all before 2012 so was alright to get rid of the lot. One or two things that I kept, but everything else will be destroyed. 

Wheeeeeh, not happy here
The last couple of days I really suffered again. Well, it started last week really when I did something with my knee and it started hurting really bad. Walking the stairs was agony, sitting down was only possible with my leg in a weird angle. Driving was excruciating. Then on Monday night, I sort of fell through my knee (I didn't fall over, I just felt my knee go. Like), made a strange move, felt something click and from then on the pain started abating. Pfew.

But then the headache started again. It makes me tired and as no meds so far have been able to help, I just gave in to the sleepiness. I think it helped and today I am h-free again. As soon as that insurance is sorted: doctor! Enough is enough now. I have been suffering from migraines and headaches all my life and it is starting to impact on my life. My body doesn't recover as quickly as it did before and I am fed up.

The newest member of the Mouse family
As there is not yet much to do, I decided to make use of the one thing that I did take home to my parents: my knitting. I made a mouse and I made a Joseph. I will need to make several more Josephs, as I have already made several Marys, but it is good fun to do. Last year's charity have received the money now and this year's charity has been picked: a mental health one. 

I spoke to my sister yesterday. Usually, if we were both free, we would have a coffee on Friday afternoon. Occasionally on other days, but mostly on the Friday. It was nice to chat to her again. Even though we wouldn't chat that often when I was living close to her, being so far away again, makes it more more, if you know what I mean. It is still really strange knowing that I can't just hop in the car and thirty minutes later we meet. 

Today I made the first step to a change in career as well. For years now I have been thinking that planning is something I could do. Especially after having worked through some of what other people have thrown at me. I have twenty years experience at driving a coach and a bus and I am not stupid, so I should be able to get my head around the whole thing. What with me getting older and needing some more regularity in my life, I have decided to go back to school. Starting in March, I will be doing a transport and logistics course. It is mainly based on heavy goods transport (lorries) instead of people transport (buses), but the basics are the same: we both use the same driving laws and hours. 

No dishwasher, unless you count me!
But, it's not all serious. Yesterday I was left on my own with Miss O, Brom (and Mouse). Oh, and a pile of dishes. We stayed in, had a nice and easy afternoon and evening. I did the dishes at some point. Was mistaken for my mother on the phone (always happens, we sound the same) and watched some television. And then today I will go to a craft fair and possibly to the ice sculptures as well. Even though there is no income yet and pretty soon the bills will arrive, I have decided that doing nothing at all is not good. I need to get out and do things. Become a yes-person again!

12 comments:

  1. It's good that the headache is gone for now. I hope all of the rest settles out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Despite the pains, this is sounding - on the whole - positive. Sorting out takes its time and you are taking the appropiate time to allow that taking of time... 8,}

    S062 is very cute indeed. Though having several mice together comes with some mysterious things - check out my yesterday's post! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whether I am allowing, or whether things just don't seem to happen that fast... It will come though and then I will long for the quiet days again.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you've been keeping busy despite not having a job. No wonder your parents agreed to have you move back home. Now they don't have to do their own dishes. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you'll get settled in quickly. Going to school sounds like a great idea!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's something about your knee. Glad it is feeling better. Sorry about the headache and glad it is better now. Cute little mouse. Good luck with your course. Enjoy your day, sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new career with regular hours sounds a great idea. So good luck with your course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sorry about the driving (I love driving), but regular hours would be soooo good!

      Delete
  7. Hi Mara...
    Moving takes a toll mentally and physically. I'm so very thankful you are with your parents and can give yourself some time to recuperated from a very stressful last few months.

    I am 100% sure whatever you do you will succeed!! Pace yourself sending hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was my big problem when I stopped working ! Doing nothing was terrible ! It took me some time to build up a new life. Once you get your papers sorted and find a job, all pieces will fall into their places ! Maybe it happens sooner as you think !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to photos of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adventures back home! With some foreign travel thrown in at some point as well...

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!