Thursday 28 February 2019

Miss Oswin goes exploring

Miaow

Well, what can I say. Perhaps this move wasn't so bad after all! First I have a great big house to live in, with windows everywhere so I can see out. Second I have an Oma with a lot of cat toys in her room that I will one day play with. And third that very same Oma wanted to have some fresh air in the house today.

Which meant opening the garden door! Mara had called me down first of all, so I could see what was happening. And then she let me go out! It was lovely. The sun was shining, there were birds singing and the smells... So many smells...

This gate is not going to stop me!
I explored a bit in the garden and then I crawled underneath the garden gate and found a whole wide world. There was a car that smelt funny. Then another one. There were plants everywhere. I found the opening to the yard at the front door, but didn't stay there long.

I think it drove to the supermarket today
I went back to the garden and found the door again. Mara was very pleased with me because she says it's very important for me to know where I live. After all I am a Norwegian cat who does not speak the same language as the other cats in the neighbourhood. And if I get lost*, I might not understand them. 

After a while Mara stopped following me around with her big camera and went inside. I remembered the last time I was outside and decided to check whether it was the right house and went in as well. It was (pfew) and I went out again. 

I think it smells like the black and white cat that I always see
I went in and out a couple of times, just to make sure and in the end I stayed in It's hard work this exploring you know! Oma then closed the door, because it is still winter you know. When Opa came down, he wanted to see for himself how I reacted and he opened the door again. He was also very pleased with me.

Real grass!
I hope they will open the door again soon, but Mara says the temperatures will go down and they are expecting rain as well. I can tell you know: I do not like getting wet!

*Miss Oswin is chipped and has now been registered in the Dutch database, so even if she were to get lost, they would be able to track me down as the owner and re-unite us.

13 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Darling Miss O, this is most wonderfurs news!!! Hoorah for open space and safe places... hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for open spaces. She wasn't quite as bold as she used to be in Norway. Last year's outing in NI has really made her a lot more cautious! Outside was fine as long as I was also outside. When I moved inside, she pretty snazzy came inside too.

      Delete
  2. It looks so pleasant there. Meanwhile, it's bitterly cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, what funs exploring and exciting too
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable exploration post! So happy she is chipped and can be identified if necessary!!! Hugs Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my cats have always been chipped. For my own peace of mind as much as anything. However, because Miss O had to move internationally, she was required by European law to be chipped as well!

      Delete
  5. So glad you got a chance to go out and explore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss O, please tell Mara I like that photo of the tree. Saw it in the earlier post and forgot to give her a compliment on it. So pleased that you were able to check out the hood. Enjoy your Oma and Opa while you are visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visiting? I am living here now! For a long time I think, at least 87 years! Well, until the summer anyway and perhaps even a bit longer.

      Delete
    2. Of course you are. And even if you were to leave after the summer you might come back for grandcat time with the grandparents.

      Delete
  7. Both of my cats like looking out big slider window. I believe our old cat Ziggy favorite activity is watching the birds at feeder.
    Although our younger Cat Abner loves hunting hay field once the snow is gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have a feeder in the garden, but I bet Miss O would love that as well.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!