Wednesday 20 February 2019

Miss Oswin is getting used to it all. Again

Miaow

It's okay for some you know, like Brom (and Mouse) and Mara, but for me, this whole moving business is not so nice. I mean, no one else got stuck in a crate without a toilet to go to! I think it's cruelty, but it was only for a short while Mara said. Like 87 hours? That's not short, that's like forever!!

Perfect to watch the world go by
But we made it eventually and I was allowed out of that awful crate and that awful car. And then I got stuck in a kitchen! What?? I was there for ages before I was allowed out to go and explore. Mara says it was five minutes at the most, but don't you believe anything she says. She said the crate was fine too!

Don't worry, he is not real
I have been living here now for two and a half weeks and I am enjoying myself a lot. It would be even better if I were able to go outside as well, but Mara says that is not going to happen just yet. If at all! What?? I promised her to be good if I were allowed out after and now this? Oh, Mara says I shouldn't fib. 

The side window
Oma grew those orchids herself!
Anyway, let me show you my new house! It is great, because there are windows again. And things happening outside so I can watch it all. Oma* says I run around from one window to another to follow the cats, but I have to don't I? I can't follow them outside, so I have to run around.

Overlooking the garden
I can go upstairs as well, but I am not allowed in all the rooms. There is a bedroom that I am not allowed in, but Opa* doesn't always look carefully and I have snuck in. I know how to get a treat you know, because Mara then has to rattle the treat tin to get me to come out! And of course she gives me a treat.

The lace making bobbins are perfect!
Oma has her own room as well, she doesn't sleep there, but she does something with a lot of things perfect to play with. Mara says she makes lace, I say she plays with cat toys and I am not allowed in! I am allowed in Opa's room though, which he now shares with Mara. They have their computers there and Opa sits by the window. I have to keep him on his toes of course, so sometimes I just jump in front of him and then I can look out of the window!

That's where Opa sits and to get to the window...
There is another upstairs as well, that is where Mara has her room. I am allowed there, but only at night, because it is cold there. Fortunately there is a big landing as well with some lovely garden seat cushions: perfect for resting after chasing cats and birds and garbage trucks.

Yawn
I hope we can stay here a long time, because I like it. And one day I get to play with all the cat toys in Oma's room as well...

*Oma and Opa are Mara's Mama and Papa. 

14 comments:

  1. Oh Miss Oswin...you deserve an entire package of deli meat for all your trials and tribulations.
    Opa and Oma have a lovely home and OMCs I'm very jealous of their orchids
    Hugs to you and Mara
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad to hear you have settled in to your new home Miss Oswin. Our mom says she hopes you will be happy being an indoor kitty since it's always safer for you. If there are other kitties hanging around your house we wouldn't want you to get into a tiff with any of them. It sounds like you have lots of things to play with inside, especially your Oma's lace tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    What a great place you landed in Miss O... even if it did mean 87 hours of hardship! I think being an inside cat for a while is really rather good plan - it becomes your territory and only your territory. Except the rooms you can't enter of course... hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like hear this as a viewpoint from your cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She gets her say occasionally. As does Brom (my teddybear) when I am on holiday.

      Delete
  5. (I have an Oma! My ghostwriter's German grandparents were her Oma and Opa!) That looks like a great house to be in, Miss Oswin. I hope you don't have to move again for a long while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mara says hopefully sooner rather than later. Not sure about that. Perhaps I will just stay here...

      Delete
  6. Perhaps Miss Oswin can help with the lace-making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The suggestion was not met with approval by Oma!

      Delete
  7. A part from carton boxes your Oma has the perfect toy ! All these little sticks with yarn which hang down ! A heaven !
    For you not for her if you play with it. For the moment it's certainly nice to stay with Oma and Opa, after a while Mara's gipsy blood will itch and then you will move again, but hopefully not so far away !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss O if only you had your own cat toys on those strings. I can only imagine how beautiful your lace design might look like. Maybe it would be shaped like mouse ears?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone understands, but Oma still won't let me in!

      Delete
  9. It is best to stay inside. Lots of rooms. The lace sounds interesting. Glad you have a lot of windows to look out of.
    How many hours was the drive to your parents house?

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!