Tuesday 26 February 2019

Like riding a bike

I won't be moving anytime soon by the look of things
Living with my parents is all fine and dandy, but I do need a job to fill both my days and my bank account. On day 2 of my return here my sister and I made our way to the temping agency that would actually deal with my application to become a bus driver here again. I had to call a certain person who dealt with it. 

I called on day 3 and was told to send my cv. On day 4 I heard back: somebody would contact me during the following week or the week after that. Right. I never heard a thing, which was a bit annoying, so in the end I sent them a message saying I would need to work as I have no income at the moment. The next day somebody rang and we arranged for a meeting. 

Mooooo
That meeting was yesterday: three weeks after my return. I would need two things before I can work: a medical and a proof of good behaviour, although the latter has to be applied for and that will be enough. I was sent the link to set up a medical, which couldn't take place until well into March! Without it there is no way I can drive. *Sigh*

The proof is another matter. That is now in the works, but will take any time between 2 and 4 weeks to come back. Not that much of a problem, but without the medical... Looking at all this, it means I probably won't be back driving a bus until the end of March, beginning of April. Not the best of news obviously. 

River barge on the River IJssel
And with that news, I decided that in the mean time I need to have some sort of other job. Factory work or something like that. Problem is that most jobs will need a period of training, lasting anything from 1 to 4 weeks! By which time I will start driving and I won't be available anymore. 

Obviously I had hoped to be working a lot faster than this. For my sanity as much as anything else. But it seems it is not to be. Until then I will be enjoying the weather (beautiful at this moment, really springy), knit and watch television. Good thing I have a roof over my head and some savings...

14 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed everything comes together for you sooner rather than later...enjoy the time off though...as much as possible. Hugs! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. Right now the weather is good and I can get out, but once the weather turns worse again...

      Delete
  2. We hope everything works out! What if you did some volunteer work at a local hospital or nursing home in the meantime? Someone be might be very interested in your knitting skills, or else the stories of your travels. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Volunteering sounds good. I hadn't really thought about that before. Will have to think about it now though.

      Delete
  3. OMCs it is a P R O C E S S it seems and lots of patience.
    Thank goodness you moved back to where you have family and a home. Maybe you could become the chief Chef of the house.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't you do some interim work ? We have agencies, they always look for people not for a long time and for all kind of works !

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're sorry to hear the work is taking longer to get than you had hoped. Thank goodness that you have a place to stay. I like Chester's idea of doing volunteer work. Maybe you can work at an animal shelter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari om
    Hey ho... early summer holiday? Drove over to Edin in glorious sunshine today! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, without the holiday feel really. Perhaps I should have moved to the Costa Blanca or something like that...

      Delete
  7. Hey, Mara. The universe is telling you to rest for a bit. Your parents will not allow you to freeze or starve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the universe has started telling me now that it's time to get off my butt! I am dreaming again, which is always a sure sign I haven't got enough to do.

      Delete
  8. I hope you enjoy your enforced vacation as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you need the money but for now just relax and enjoy your time off. You are lucky to be able to live with your folks right now and the time will pass quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!