Thursday 13 July 2017

The wall

The big ferris wheel in Vienna, Austria
As soon as I got my present this year (ie the photos on canvas) I knew I had to scour my vast collection of photos for some more beauties. In the end, there were 22! *Gulp* 

Kylemore Abbey, Co Galway, Ireland
But, some major weeding turned those 22 into 7. This time I didn't forget to put in the 25% discount code (I forgot the first time grrrr) and then the wait started.

The Cliffs of Dover, England
I got the notice for each and every one that it had been made and sent. Then I got a notice for each and every one that it was on the way. And today I got 7 text messages saying they had arrived. Oh joy!

Bryggen in Bergen, Norway
I picked them up, got them home, unwrapped them all and then the big ponder started: where to put them? In the end, after a bit of precarious balancing on the back of the sofa, I got them all up. 

Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
I had to change some of the others with the new ones and yes, there is still room on the wall for more! 

Ponte Vecchio in Florence, Italy
I think it looks smashing. If you want to have a better look at the photos, please biggify, although it is a photo of a photo, so some detail might be lost.

Poulnabrone Dolmen, Co Clare, Ireland
Now, before I get a call from a certain parental unit: yes, this photo was taken by you! Mine were rubbish and yours was brilliant. 

The wall

12 comments:

  1. Those are great photos. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am very pleased with the result.

      Delete
  2. Hari Om
    Oh yes, yes, yes... am LUVIN your wall!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very pretty Mara and your have an eye for arranging too. I just placed an order for 2 small mice on the contact form S011 and S001. Thanks to Aunty I finally remembered to check them out.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and meaningful!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is meaningful: they all have memories of a good holiday or a nice time with family and/or friends. Plus they are nice photos!

      Delete
  5. Wow, your wall is fabulous, spectacular, and I am so impressed! I love the pictures and almost had a favorite (Kylemore Abbey, because it brings back lovely memories) but each picture is so special that I can't pick a fave. What a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My most favourite would probably be the one from Kilmacduagh in Ireland (below the big middle photo). But the hoodoo from Canada and the Cliffs of Dover and... yeah, there are no favourites. They all are for different reasons.

      Delete
  6. Such a good idea that you had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to celebrate travels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is looking so good. We had originally started with a very large Eiffel Tower in the center and worked on from there. I love our wall of canvas!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!