Friday 13 March 2015

It's definite!

Ever since last Thursday (the day that went missing), some person tried to get in touch with me. It took a bit of detective work from me to find out that it was coming from the women's clinic where I had had my operation, but that still didn't mean I knew who had called. Was it the gynaecologist, the surgeon or somebody else? 

I tried phoning the number back, but had no luck in reaching anybody. I tried phoning another number in the same clinic, but still didn't get through to somebody I needed. Today I tried again. Today I got hold of somebody. And after listening to her for about a minute, I realised it was the Dutch surgeon. 

Well, she recognised me after that as well and told me the letter was underway (sent on Monday, still not here today), but she was able to tell me what it said in the letter: no signs of cancer had been found and all the trouble and pain I have had were most likely due to complications related to the endometriosis (mainly the trapped urinary tract). Not that I had ever been afraid of having cancer, especially after they found the endometriosis.

Since I will be in Bergen next week anyway, I decided to have a little check-up at the clinic. Mainly because the scar is not healing as well as it should down south. But the best news of the day: NO CANCER!

8 comments:

  1. Great news of the confirmation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I never thought I had cancer in the first place, but you never know with something like this of course.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    yyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Best news here? Sunshine and spring cleaning. Oh yeah. This were a good Friday thirteen.... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been beautiful over here as well. The spring cleaning will have to wait another day though.

      Delete
  3. You did a real Miss Marple work ! How nice to hear that it was no cancer ! What a relief !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is excellent news! I'm glad your going for a visit and getting your incision looked at. Wishing you well......

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!