Monday 6 December 2021

Spider legs on Brom's birthday

No no! Don't worry, he did not receive spider legs on his birthday. He would not have liked that at all and neither would I. The spider legs are mine. Well, not real spider legs, but the stitches in my hand. They look and feel like spider legs. However, today they will be coming out. This afternoon to be precise. 

Apart from some swelling still, the wound looks really good and well healed up. A bit sensitive to the touch, but not painful. That can not be said for my wrist. I had this pain prior to the surgery and it has continued until now, although it does not spread to the arm anymore.

Last week I tried to do some knitting and although I could do it, the pain was very much not good. So I decided that that would need to wait a while longer. I am doing the dishes every day now, even though that is quite painful too. And then on Friday I developed my first headache attack since July (!!!), which left me out of the game for a day or two.

But who cares about my hand and (lack of) use of said appendage when today it's BROM'S BIRTHDAY! Yes, he turned 48 today and is enjoying it very much. I had promised him a new pair of Christmas socks, but unfortunately I haven't been able to make them yet. He says that it's fine and it's not Christmas yet anyway. 

Miss O wanted to say Happy Birthday Brom too
I did make him some other socks prior to OotH-day though and he has been wearing them Every Single Day he likes them so much. So, hopefully he will get his proper present soon. We are all crossing our fingers.

7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well, I hope that the medicos can explain a bit more about why you are still getting quite so much pain... the knitting is so very important!!!

    HAPPY BEARDAY, BROM AND HERE'S TO MANY MORE... plus socks. Hugs and growlies, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I will find out in the new year, because that's when my next appointment is. I need to get the right sorted, before any work on the left is done, otherwise I will be completely unhanded.

      Delete
    2. Hari OM
      I am sure you know you need to go to your comments page on the blog dashboard and hit the spam button on these ones, Mara - what a shame they are turning up just as you take off the mediation. I know this particular one, it's been around for a few years - if you hit the spam button though, it ought to be just a one-off nuisance. Yxx

      Delete
  2. I don't know for sure, but by the look on Miss O's face, I wonder if it's time for Brom to change his socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Brom! We have our paws crossed that your mom's hand starts to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Brom!

    Looks like that incision is healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So when is the pain expected to leave? Also when is your other hand being done? I am so sorry to hear about your headache. ((Hugs)) HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROM!!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!