Sunday 5 December 2021

Photo on Sunday 32

He is here! Well, he was anyway. Saint Nicholas arrived last Friday and I had a ringside seat to see him arrive at the school just across from my house. Not on his horse Ozosnel (Osoquick in English, his horse Amerigo retired a few years ago), but on a tractor he drove himself.

There were plenty of children waiting for him and his aide Pete to arrive and load them up with presents, sweets and ginger nuts. Perhaps a word of warning here and there, but on the whole a good thing. About an hour later I heard the tractor start up and they left again, on their way to the next school.



5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well, I bet that wasn't a bonus you were expecting when buying that new house!!! What fun. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You had a birds eye view of the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh Mara you had the best seat ever and you were warm too
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saint Nick on a tiny tractor, whodathunkit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that. We celebrated St. Nick when I was growing up and also with my children. I hope to start James on it too. I need to talk to Adam and Gabby about that.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!