Tuesday 12 October 2021

Tuesday's Travels 26

Another challenge where I removed the lettering, because it said exactly what this was! No need to make it too easy for you, as so far I have been unable to get a point myself! Of course it was the Saddledome in Calgary, Canada. I am glad to say I had most of you stumped, although Anvilcloud gave you a big clue in telling you it looked like a saddle! Half a point to him.
My story? Well, during the preliminary trip to Canada I visited Calgary and saw this from a distance. I would have loved to visit it to watch a game of ice hockey (it's the home of the Calgary Flames) or the annual stampede, but I was there at the wrong time, so no hockey and no stampede.

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week.

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Yes, the Giant's Causeway - although I have not been there, I HAVE been to the other end of a similar rock formation, which pops up in Fingals Cave on the isle of Staffa... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the Giant's Causeway. I was there 2 years ago and it was thanks to you as you have me some useful information about buses etc. I thought it would be harder to get but actually it was easy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have no idea where that is but it looks like an interesting place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea from me either, but if it is the Giant's Causeway I have never seen it from that angle, but I guess it would have been too easy if you had shown it from ground level.

    Hope you and Brom are having a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a building here in Raleigh, Dorton Arena, that looks very much like that building.
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here is a link to Dorton Arena
      https://www.ncstatefair.org/facilities/dorton.htm

      Delete
  6. You know you're not dealing with a Canadian when someone calls it 'ice' hockey.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!