Monday 18 October 2021

Brom goes to Westeros

Coocoo!

It's me again and I am back from my holiday! Mara and I stayed with Gera and we LOVED it! It had been nearly two years since we last saw each other, so it was really good. And we saw so many things as well. 

I was NOT going in that field!
On our first full day in Northern Ireland, Mara had to take a test to show she was Covid negative. It was a home test and we then had to drop it off somewhere so it could be tested (negative). And then she said she wanted to go to Westeros. 

I had never heard of Westeros in my life and to be honest, neither had Mara or Gera, but they told me it was where a very popular television show called Game of Thrones was set. Which we had never seen. But a lot of the series was filmed in Northern Ireland and we went to see one bit. But once we arrived we first had to have lunch and then we walked up to the Dark Hedges as they are called in real life.

Unfortunately, several storms in recent years had caused a few trees to fall down, so there were some gaps, but it was still beautiful, even if the weather wasn't really.

After we had seen the Dark Hedges (which are massive trees really), we drove back home. But on our way home we stopped several times. The first time in a small village by the sea where Mara wanted to take a photo of the sea and the mist and the mountain. They also took a selfie there, but Gera had her eyes closed and I wasn't in it, so I am not showing that!

Armoy round tower
Our second stop came only a few miles further on, when Mara saw a church with a round tower. She told me that round towers are very particular in Ireland (which includes Northern Ireland). We didn't go into the church itself, but we did take a few photos. 

After that we drove home, where we enjoyed spending time together. 

5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Those trees are very striking, there can be arguing with that! It is so good that you and Mara got to be with Gera again after so long and it looks like you really made the most of it!!! Hugs and growlies YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally we would have just stayed at home with perhaps one outing, but this time we really went places and saw things. Because we could! And we loved it. Can't wait to see her again in seven weeks.

      Delete
  2. My friend, Bob, whom I sometimes mentioned, has been to Ireland twice and has photographed the Dark Hedges. I will have to inform him that there has been some blow down. Too bad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool that you got to go to Westeros! It looks like you had a fun time exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the rain. Sounds like some awesome stops you made. I'm loving the photos. The trees are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!