Friday 14 August 2020

Not sure

I wasn't too sure what to write about for this post. Was I going to write about the maggots in our kitchen which I had to get rid of while my parentals were slumming it in an airconditioned hotel? Or should I not? What to write about then?

In the end I decided to not write about all those maggots crawling out of the food bin, the regular bin and the plastic bin. After all, I emptied all bins, I squashed all maggots and eggs and told my parentals on their return not to throw any meat related stuff away in the kitchen as long as the heatwave lasts. 

Instead I thought to tell you about my work. Which is going fine. I should work about 6,5 hours a day to get up to 32 hours a week and due to the hours I made during training I am up. Meaning my shifts aren't long or I get an extra day off. Great! And now I am enjoying a four-day weekend. 

And enjoy I will as the weather has turned somewhat. Yes, temperatures are still high, but compared to what it was, it is lovely now. During the night we had a fierce thunderstorm with lots of rain, which meant I had to close the window in my room and sleep was even worse then. But, temperatures are on their way down and guess what: it's only 132 days until Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. Our weather is also decent now -- still hot and requiring AC, but it isn't too torrid and the nights cool down nicely.

    We also had maggots in the heat but the garbage can is kept outside, so we managed. We just get it out of the house regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggots in the kitchen doesn't sound like much fun. It's good to hear your work is going well and that you are enjoying a long weekend off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES that was not a pleasant task.
    Glad to see Ms. Oswin sitting pretty
    Hugs and happy Friday
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I don't even want to think about Christmas yet. Sorry about the maggots. That was no fun cleaning them up! Glad work is going well for you and that the weather getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    ...O.M.G... sorry I missed this post due to travel relaxing at the Hutch - and am glad I didn't read this before my evening meal!!! Imagine what would have been there had you not been!!! (on the other hand, don't imagine that...) YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even imagined that! Oh, that would have been awful! Yikes. Now that gives me the gollywobbles!

      Delete
  6. And I have stared my Christmas shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!